The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, August 27, 2012

Soldiers dishonor their Oaths

"LUDOWICI, Ga. (AP) — Four Army soldiers based in southeast Georgia killed a former comrade and his girlfriend to protect an anarchist militia group they formed that stockpiled assault weapons and plotted a range of anti-government attacks, prosecutors told a judge Monday."

These individuals have dishonored the Oaths they took and smeared every other member of the armed forces of this country with their actions.  They took an Oath, the same one I took, the same one millions of others men and women took, and then they crapped on that Oath.  Broke it, violated it and dishonored it.

To many people the idea that I would hold true to an Oath even though I was discharged from the Army in 1987, would seem to be ridiculous.  It is not.  When you take an Oath, you give that Oath your heart and soul's worth.  It is not something you can just give a passing thought to.  I swore an Oath to God, to protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  That Oath didn't end when I got out of the army.  That Oath is part of my soul and will be with me until the day I die.  And those people dishonored the Oath I took.  Their actions reflect on everyone who took that Oath.

The military will be charging these individuals as well.  One of those charges I hope is for the violation of their Oath.  For I don't know how to clean the stain their actions have cast upon everyone who took that Oath.


No comments: