The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hacking the Kindle Keyboard model

can the Kindle Keyboard model be rooted and hacked?  I'm talking about THIS version of the kindle.  The reason I"m asking is I've been playing with a 7" Android Tablet running Android 2.2 and while I like the tablet, I don't like it's limited battery life.  My mother has an older version of the Kindle Keyboard that doesn't have 3G just Wi-Fi and I would love to have the ability to do what I can do on the Android Tablet on the Kindle.  I don't care about color, my mothers is E-ink and it gives just the right look since I mostly would use it for reading and some small typing tasks.  I don't need a camera, I don't need a a bunch of things that are included in Android.  Is there a way to root a Kindle Keyboard version and have it run a stripped own version of android?  So I can use it as a feed reader and still read my e-books and still get the almost 9 days of battery life that my mother gets from her kindle.

Any takers for the challenge?

No comments: