The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, May 22, 2014

.22LR VS Windshield



I don't think this could be considered a valid test as the window was not supported around the full outside edge as it is when it's installed in a vehicle.  When installed, the glue holding at the edges keeps the window from over flexing which I believe allows the bullet to penetrate.  As you can see in the video when he uses the 10/22 the window is flexing and moving around.  I think if a really fat camera was used and aimed at the edge, you would see significant flexing of the window, which I believe actually lessens the ability of the window to resist the penetration of the bullets.

This is just my theory, but I would like to see the test repeated with the window properly mounted.

No comments: