The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New Frontier Armory customer service - 2nd Broken Hammer

I am rather disappointed in New Frontier Armory.  I purchased one of their complete polymer lowers several years ago, and less than 4 months after I got it, I broke the hammer while using my Tactical Industries .22 conversion.  According to their site, when using a .22 conversion you need to use a different hammer.  so I bought 2 of those hammers.  And put one of them in my lower.  Now after less than 300 rounds IT broke as well.

Please excuse the cruddy cell phone pictures.

The first hammer.  You can see where a chip came out of the side of the hammer.


you can see the missing chip from the hammer better in this pic.



The replacement hammer, where the whole face of the hammer broker off. Less than 300 rounds fired.  I actually think it was 6, 20 round mags, then 3, 30 round mags, and I was about 4 rounds into the 4th, 30 round mag when the hammer broke.  And I wasn't even shooting fast.  I was verifying my zero with different types of ammo.  I had been shooting 62 gr, 69 gr, and 3 different types of 55 gr ammo with a no name Holo Sight, and I just wanted to see the difference in zero between them when the hammer broke.  The ammo in the mag when the hammer broke was Academy brand Monarch made by Barnaul.  The other ammo was 62 gr Federal M855, 69 gr CBC OTM, 55 gr FMJ Wolf, 55 gr FMJ Tula, and then the 55 gr JHP Monarch.


It's GONE!!!


The rifle would fire, but I would have to run the bolt as there would be a light strike on the following round, and the hammer wasn't resetting all the way.

I put in my last spare New Frontier Hammer, then I e-mailed New Frontier Armory to ask them if I could just replace the FCG with a standard FCG.


At least they answer their mail on the weekends., but they did reply.


Note however, they didn't offer to send me replacement parts.  They didn't ask any questions about what caused the failure.  They just said that YES, I could replace the FCG, just be sure to replace ALL of the parts of it.

I understand that these may be low tier firearms meant for the occasional shooter on a budget.

But I've shot less than 600 rounds of ammo on this lower, and to have TWO hammers break, means the the manufacturer either is making the parts wrong or they designed the parts wrong.

I went back to Palmetto State Armory and just ordered a complete LPK.  That way I get the parts I need and I have some extras for the parts can. 

So I guess I'll be adding some more FCG parts to my spare parts kits for both of my rifles.

Lesson Learned - New Frontier Armory doesn't seem to be concerned with satisfying their customers.

No comments: