The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, October 17, 2016

Glock 23 Grip Adapter

Last Friday I picked up a used Gen 2 Glock 23 with factory night sights and two extra Glock factory mags.  I test fired it at the Sooper Sekrit Gunstore, and the slide decided to bite me.


I have always used a high grip when shooting handguns, and this time the high grip bit me.  It's not as bad as the hammer bite I get from my FEG P9M Hi-Power Clone, but it's bad enough.



Soooo, I ordered a Grip Force Beavertail Adapter Saturday and it was delivered today.  It came with two different Beavertail adapters and 4 new pins.



The one on the left is smooth up in the web area and checkered below, the one on the right has some rather aggressive checkering and ridges which I don't think I want chewing up my hand.  So I went with the left one on my Glock.


You can see how the rear pin is what is used to hold the adapter secure, with the top being held by the back of the frame.

It was surprisingly simple and yet at the same time frustrating.  The adapter needs to be held very firmly so the pin will fit through the other side.  It took me several attempts, backing the pin back through plus the help of my son Sprog #7 before I finally got it in properly.



 You can see the pin on the right side extends just a little bit more.  I sort of flattened the left side of the pin with my punch, so it shouldn't go all the way through.


Here it is with the slide installed.  You can see how the adapter cups the rear of the frame, which will force my hand just a little bit lower on the grip.  So I SHOULDN'T be getting slide bit any more.

I still have a few more goodies for this Glock, I was planning on getting a Wheaton Arms 9mm Conversion barrel, however they don't have the extended and threaded barrel in stock and said it would be several months before they had them back in stock.  so I looked around and found Lone Wolf had the barrel I wanted in stock, and it was less than half the price of the Wheaton Arms barrel.

I also ordered an extended magazine release, an extended slide stop, slide release and a Hogue Grip Sleeve.  hopefully these will all be in before I head back to the range this weekend.

I'll keep you up to date as I make my modifications, to make this a more comfortable pistol to use.

No comments: