The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, January 13, 2017

My current firearms wish list.

There are a few firearms I really want to add to my collection, specifically so I had a much more broad variety.

I'd like to make it so that when I am instructing someone about firearms, I have at least ONE of each particular type, so I can show them them differences, and they can make an informed decision in their buying.

Plus there are certain calibers, I don't currently own that I'd like to add to my collection.

I'd like to get a .44 Remington Magnum.  I'm seriously looking getting a Ruger Redhawk with a 5.5" barrel.  I don't have any Ruger firearms in my collection, so I need at least one to show how the Ruger revolver latch differs from the Colt style, S&W style and Dan Wesson style.  I was offered a 4" S&W model 29 many years ago, however I didn't like it's finish and it was out of time.  I didn't want to pay a "Premium" to have a model 29 then have to spend more money to get it repaired.

I'd also like to get a Dan Wesson revolver.  Preferably one of the convertible models in .357 Magnum with the additional barrels and shrouds.  Again, so I can also show the differences between various manufacturers.

I need a revolver with a Colt style cylinder latch.  I was thinking of getting one of the M1917 revolvers in .45 ACP, to show the cylinder latch and how moon-clips are used.

I have been asked by many people about the IWI/Magnum Research Desert Eagle.  I don't have one, but if I did get one, I'd prefer one in .357 Magnum.

I need to get either a Beretta or Taurus model 92 as I don't have any pistol that uses the Beretta style falling block.

I've been looking for the last several years to get a steel framed S&W Model 39.  I really like how it looks and the barrel locking system is pretty unique.  Plus the original model 39 had a variant that was chambered for the rimmed .38 special cartridge using special full wadcutter bullets.

I'd like to get a Colt Pocket Hammerless in .32 ACP and a Baby Browning in .25 ACP,  Both of those were owned by my grandfather and great grandfather back during the depression when they ran a bank in Davenport Iowa before the stock market crash wiped out the bank.

I'd like to get at least one .45 Long Colt Single Action Army Clone.  I'd prefer one that was as close to an original without all the additional safety geegaws as possible.

I'd also like to get at least one top break revolver.  Since the old IJ's and H&R's are usually in such condition that that they are unsafe to fire, I"d been looking for either an Enfield or Webley in .38 S&W, or .38-200 as it's know in europe.

I also would like to get 2 lever actions.  A Savage style and a Winchester or Marlin style.  The Savage in either .303 Savage or .30-30 and the Winchester/Marlin in .30-30.

I need to get another SMLE, preferrably a No 4 MK. I.  I hated selling my old one, but it's headspace was so bad and I couldn't find a new bolt head for it I sold it as a parts gun.

I'm still looking for both an Over/Under and a semi-Auto shotgun, either in 12 or 20 ga.  what I would really like to do is to get a nice O/U in 12 ga.and a Remington Model 11 in both 12 and 20 ga.  And put a 20" barrel on the 20 ga. and give that to my mother.

I have a W.W. Greener MK III which should be finished by the end of the month, coming from Ye Olde
Gunsmith/Odin Arms.  If I can afford it, I'll have him build me one in .50-90 sharps.

Then I'd need a Sharps Rifle in .45-70.  I'd prefer one with a 24" or 26" barrel and the tang sights.

I'm also considering getting a couple of suppressors.  A rimfire model and handgun model in .45, and one for a rifle in .7.62 caliber.

However all of these will take time and $$$ to get.  I'll just have to set aside funds and prioritize which I'd like to get first.

What firearms are on your wish list?

No comments: