The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Surplus Ammo and Arms came through

I ordered 3 stripped Anderson AM-15 Lowers with LPK's from Surplus Ammo and Arms, back before Christmas.  I have been sick, so I wasn't able to get to my Sooper Sekrit Gunstore until today to pick them up.  And WOW!!!

I got 3 sequentially numbered AM-15 Lowers that look PERFECT.  Neither Tony at the store nor I, could find any blemishes in the receivers finishes, and they were sequential 0 -1 -2.  I really like that.

0 shall become my 18" DMR rifle, 1 will become a standard 20" A2 HBAR, and 2 will become a 10.5" flatop pistol.

My 18" DMR will get the 18" Fluted Stainless Steel .223 Wylde chamber 1:8 twist barrel I already have in the safe. 

For 1, I'm still trying to find a 1:7 20" HBAR barrel and an A2 upper and Front Sight/Gas Block, at a price I can afford.  I found a 1:9 20" with the standard profile for $89.00, but I want the 5.56/.223 Wylde 20" with 1:7 twist and the HBAR profile.

2, which will become my pistol, I'm thinking of the 10.5" 1:9 barrel and the TAC2 Discrete Carry take down kit, to better fit behind the seat of my truck.

That is all down the road a bit though.  0 however should be done before the end of the month.  I just need to finish getting the new vise bolted to the workbench, and I'll be set to get my DMR done up.

No comments: