The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well I now have a new car

Or rather a new to me old car. A 1965 Ford Galaxie, with a 289 C.I.D V-8 with 302 Heads, and the 3 on the tree shifter has been moved to the floor. No A/C, no Power brakes, no Power Steering, no Power except HORSEPOWER!!!!


I took the first pics up at the family property south of San Antonio Texas the morning after I picked the car up and drove it to the property.



It has a little bit of Rust and a little bit of bondo


And it will need some work, but it will be a very nice car when I'm done.




Here it is when I got it home 150 miles later, runs good, has a few issues but it will run a whoe lot better by summer time.

Now if you are Ever in San Antonio and want to buy an old classic car, or just about anything else, go see Jesse at J&M Auto Sales and Repairs, Inc. The photos below are just one of the cars he has available, it is a repro built in the 80's but for 1,600.00 it's a dang good deal.


















Jesse's phone number is (210) 628-4750

His address is:

J&M Auto Sales and Repairs, Inc.
11408 Hwy 16 South
San Antonio, TX 78224
(210)628-4750


He's a good fella.

Mark

2 comments:

Murphy said...

Looking forward to the 'after' pics.

Might have to stop in the shop some time, you know, just out of curiosities sake..

Mark said...

Go talk to Jesse, he had an old Studebaker, in poor shape but mostly there, and he had an old Nash Rambler Cross Country Wagon in decent condition, looked like all it needed was tires and a good wash to make it look good again. Several other cars a 55 chevy 2 door, an old buick with the Loooong hood. In general he's got some nice cars that made me drool a whole lot while I was there.