The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Problems at St. Louis University Law School

My father got his Law Degree from SLU, back in the 70's when I was 3 or 4 years old. He was one of the minority of Law School graduates, in that he got his degree, passed the Bar exam and then went almost immediately into private practice. Most new lawyers will work for other firms for a few years to get experience before striking off on their own. My father and a few of his friends however started their own firm, under the guidance of an older attorney who was basically retired. They could go to him for assistance in their cases while they built up their knowledge and reputations. When my father passed in 2004 he had been listed in the Who's Who in American Law for many years, and was widely known for being able to come up with unique legal strategies for varying situations. If he were to see what SLU had become, he would be extremely disappointed.

"I resign my deanship at Saint Louis University School of Law, effective immediately. For the present, I will remain a tenured full professor on the law school faculty as is my contractual right. I no longer have confidence in either of your abilities to lead this institution or in your commitment to the well-being of the School of Law. ..."

{After only one year as Dean at St. Louis University School of Law, Annette Clark resigned today and released two remarkable letters.}


This makes me very glad my father cannot see this.

No comments: