The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

HP and Mozilla you guys are annoying me

First lets go with HP aka Hewlett Packard.  I have an HP Mini 5102 that is CONSTANTLY losing the wi-fi network settings, or just plain forgetting it even has a wi-fi card.  I'm tired of uninstalling the driver and having to reinstall the driver then the network passwords   I'm browsing the HP Support website on it right now and it just forgot the network AGAIN!  This is the 11th time in the last two hours.  Every other computer in this house has no problems connecting to the network, but this one CONSTANTLY has issues with connecting and STAYING connected.  I have clicked the little box telling the netbook to AUTOMATICALLY connect to the home network and it can't even seem to do that right.

Now I've got it connected again.  And why can't I have your support site scan my system for any driver updates that I need?  I know my desktop can be done that way, why isn't that option there for the 5102?  You have over 30 drivers there.  Which one or ones do I need?  On my desktop I just download your little software tool and it checks all of them for me.  Why doesn't it do it for the 5102?

The ONLY modification I have done to this machine is replace the 1GB ram DIMM with a 2GB DIMM.  And the problems predate that.

All of the necessary Microsoft updates are installed, it automatically updates whenever an update is available.

So tell me HP, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR SYSTEM?

Googling my problem shows me that hundreds of other people have had this problem.  And according to many your solution is to send the computer back to you and charge them money to fix what is evidently YOUR SCREWUP TO BEGIN WITH!!!

I am rather well computer literate.  I used to run several BBS's back in the days in addition to building many of my own desktop systems and repairing a few of my old IBM Thinkpad Laptops.

I shouldn't have to deal with this garbage EVERY DAY, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY!

From a battery that loses it's charge after being uplugged for 2 days to constant network problems.  WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?


Now on to Mozilla aka Firefox.  I have been trying to disable the plugin check on my HP 5102 for 2 months since I uninstalled Java.  And yet EVERYTIME!!  When I start your program it INSISTS on doing the plugin in check.  Even after I edited the about:plugins configuration file.  QUIT IT!  If I want to check the plugins I know the web page to do so.  I uninstalled Java after they got hacked and I WILL NOT reinstall it.  So quit checking the plugin and bugging me to install it.

Please people it's simple.  Make stuff that works and QUIT CHANGING THE SETTINGS I ALREADY SET!!

If I want to change a setting I WILL CHANGE IT.  Not you.

No comments: