The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bob Hope in Heaven-from the inbox



I   had forgotten that he had lived to be 100 and also didn't realize it has been 10 years since he died.  Always enjoyed him, his movies, and his show..  Touched a lot of lives during his life. Thought you might enjoy a bit of memory touching, so sent it along to you.  Enjoy and recall a neat comedian.
                                                                            Bob Hope in Heaven
"In GOD we trust"
BOB HOPE IN HEAVEN
For those of you too young to remember Bob Hope, ask your Grandparents
.
 And thanks for the memories. WHAT A WONDERFUL E-MAIL.




I HOPE THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART.

Tribute to a man who DID make a difference.




ON TURNING 70

'I still chase women, but only
Downhill.


ON TURNING 80

'That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.'


ON TURNING 90

'You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.'


ON TURNING 100

'I don't feel old. In fact
, I don't feel 
Anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.'


ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING

'I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.'


ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR

'Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover'.
 

ON GOLF

'Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.'


ON PRESIDENTS

'I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six.'


ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS
CAREER
'When I was born, the doctor said to my mother,
 
Congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL

'I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.'


ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY

'Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.'


ON HIS SIX BROTHERS

'That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.'


ON HIS EARLY FAILURES

'I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the
Stuff the audience threw at me.'

ON GOING TO HEAVEN

'I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.'






Give me a sense of humour;
 
Lord, give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humour out of life,
 And to the person receiving this
The grace to pass it on to others.. 


1 comment:

Blue said...

I met Mr. Hope briefly in the summer of 1972. It was at O'Hare in Chicago, long before the TSA and searches and such. He was deplaning from the Ozark Airlines flying banana (some old Fokker twin engined prop plane)that I was getting ready to board. He came in the door from the tarmac and looked at me, reached out and shook my hand, and continued on his way. I was a young private in Khakis on my way home to Iowa for a weekend pass. He didn't seem to be a very big man, though he was the same height as I was. I remember the twinkle in his eyes and that incredible smile. He seemed like a genuinely happy man.