The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I've always wanted to learn to fly








From the Cameraman:  Schweizer crash @ Aviation Institute of Maintenance in May 2008 at Brisco Field in Lawrenceville, GA. This wasn't a catastrophic crash, but was exhiliarating none the less. All this thing would've done to cause possibly serious injury to somebody was for it to roll over on it's side and throw the blades, which weren't far from hitting the ground. ******DISCLAIMER****** Ok, people, I see several of you faulting the camera man. I am the one shooting the video. Understand this.......I already had concern for the operational status of this worn out helicopter. The team of guys including the pilot were very adamant to get this thing airborne no matter what. There were a handful of mechanics observing it as you can see in the video. So, they were determined to proceed with the liftoff despite any abnormalities that they SAW. Now, to ME this is irresponsible. I would have shut the thing down the first sight of a leak. So now then, you ask then why didn't I, the camera man motion to kill the power or that there were problems? I said nothing because of what I said earlier, the guys wanted to see the thing fly ANYWAY. It wasn't up to me. So, in saying this, DO NOT fault the camera man. I only shot the video.


At 12:00 minutes the F-15 landing is at Lambert International Airport in St. Louis where the F-15's used to be built at.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Walkin over here boss... :-)