The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, February 25, 2016

There was an active shooter near me last night

About 9:50 pm CST a call came over my scanner for a domestic disturbance.  Less than 4 minutes later it was shots fired, then it was more shots fired and a possible hostage situation.  I e-mailed the information to my local TV Station KRIS-TV, and kept e-mailing them as I heard updates come over the scanner.  There was confusion as to whether or not he was holding his own child as a hostage.  Finally when I heard the Police were closing down the road and were moving residents of the apartments that they had evacuated to the main fire station I loaded up my cameras and headed there myself.

I got to the station, got interviewed myself by the KRIS cameraman, then went down and took some video of the entrance of the complex and some of the fire fighters blocking the road.



As I was heading back around to try and get some video from the other side of the complex I heard over my HT that the police were using a suppressed .22 to shoot out the lights in the complex.  It was weird, I heard them setting up a Designated Marksman spot, who could shoot into the apartment.  I heard the police calling the fire department to cut down a section of the fence around the complex so they could get a better angle on the apartment.  And I kept hearing officers calling out where more lights needed to be shot out.

Around 0145 I heard the Site Commander tell all of the officers to get ready, 5 minutes later I heard him call for the perimeter units to hold position.  Then 8 minutes later came the call for EMS FAST.

The shooter was dead, I don't know if the police shot him or he shot himself, but the child he had as a hostage was fine. 

Now I'm listening to the aftermath of them collecting evidence, evidently several of the adjacent units have bullet holes in their walls, several cars were shot by the subject and the J.P. had to come declare him dead.


If I do actually make the news, I'll post the video on this post later when I wake up.

From KRIS TV's website: Road shut down for police standoff

KRIS-TV's last report :Identity released of armed suspect in Rockport-Fulton standoff

I'm going to lie down.

They just confirmed the shooters name over the scanner.  I'm not going to post it out of respect for his family.

No comments: