The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Is Walmart discontinuing .22 Rimfire Ammunition?

While I was at Walmart today, I stopped in the sporting goods section because I wanted to get some .22 Shotshells, like I had stated earlier. 

While I was there, the clerk told me that the new planogram module for her department had no room for .22 rimfire cartridges.

I asked her exactly what that meant, though I had an idea.  and she told me that at this particular store, ALL .22 Rimfire is being discontinued, and would no longer be stocked.

I was surprised, very surprised.

So I asked just how much .22 Ammo I could purchase, as normally they have a 3 box limit.  I was informed  that there was no longer a limt and if I wanted to, I could purchase it all.

So I did.


That is ALL the .22 rimfire ammo the Walmart in my town had.  And I bought it.

180 rounds of CCI .22LR Shotshells, 1,000 rounds of Winchester Super X and 100 rounds of CCI .22 WMR Maxi-Mag's.

THAT, is $205.91.

Check your local Walmart and see if they are discontinuing .22 Rimfire.  If they are see if they are still enforcing the box limit.

Also, please let ME know if your store is discontinuing .22 Rimfire.

7 comments:

riverrider said...

mine pretty much discontinued everything. they have no interest in selling guns or ammo at all. yet 15 miles away the walmart has an extensive gun and ammo selection. i highly doubt they are quiting 22lr.

.45ACP+P said...

Bought the new CCI .22Copper last night at my Walmart. They had plenty of.17HMR. 3 box limit was enforced.

Hawken Cougar said...

Make America Great Again!

Stop buying from Walmart altogether. Their focus is and has always been on corporate profits, certainly not the needs of their customer. In recent years they have started to dance to the tune of the liberal left. If their latest position means they will no longer supply something as basic and simple as .22 LR bullets I say no thanks, don't need any of your other products either. We are fortunate to live in a region where Rural King farm supply stores exist. I don't miss Walmart one bit.

skybill said...

Read this piece this morning and checked at wally....something to do with the "Modular space" so .22's are being discontinued?? wally management al the way to Corporate has a problem...their left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing......
"KnowwhatImean????
Got Gunz....OUTLAW!!!!!!,
III%,
skybill-out

Bigus Macus said...

Here in south eastern Virginia the stores still have a 3 box limit. However there is a steady supply from other stores locally so I don't understand their rational. The ammo case at one store was full of other calibers that they move the surplus inventory to the airsoft case.

WVcyclist said...

Store mgr at my local Wal Mart stated the shelf space for ammo is valuable real estate. They've removed tags and space for .22LR, and have replaced it with more variety of .223, and lots of hollow point rounds for handgun calibers.

He stated they'really still going to order it, but that the 50-100 boxes are not going to have a designated shelf location at our store.

Kinda makes sense.

Unknown said...

Even though it's policy at most big box stores that you have to follow the planogram exactly, I've never seen one that worked perfectly. These things are created at the home office on a computer. The products never fit to plan. Plus, off-mod items arrive all the time and have to be worked in somehow.

Of course, cartridges have to be locked up somewhere. You can't stick .22lr in a cardboard display. It'll walk off. They will probably lock it in the gun or optics cabinets.

Doesn't mean that they haven't discontinued .22lr. But I wouldn't use the planogram as evidence that they did. Also, I'm not calling the clerk a liar, but communication at these stores sucks and rumors run rampant.