The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Testing .22 Rat-Shot Ammunition



This is NOT my video.  But I was reading up on .22 Rat shot because we are getting a rat and mouse problem because of the weather.  I have traps set up but they aren't too effective, and I'm tired of my storage buckets getting gnawed into by these rodents.  They have destroyed 6 buckets and totally wasted/destroyed the flour, oats, dog food, cat food, rice and beans I had stored in them.  The two buckets of  rolled oats hurt the worst since that costs more in my area.  So I am going to do some of my own testing with shot cartridges.  Number one to see if the shot cartridges will damage my buckets from about 7-10 feet, and number two, to see if it will damage my drywall.  The rodents already have gnawed holes into 6 of my walls.

I'm trying to think up a proper proper testing procedures for testing shot rounds that won't have me having to buy a bunch of new food grade buckets and lids that might get torn all to pieces in testing.

Any suggestions?

No comments: