The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sootch00 - Why buy a 9mm Conversion barrel for a Glock 40 Pistol?




I have a Gen 2 Glock 23 and I bought it specifically because I saw Sootch's video on the Wheaton Arms 9mm Conversion barrel for the Glock 23. My intention was to have the capability being able to use both .40 S&W and 9mm. Up until that point I had no intention of owning any .40 S&W firearms. I didn't feel the need to add yet ANOTHER caliber I would need to purchase and stock up on.

However after I purchased my Glock 23 I found that Wheaton Arms was out of stock on the extended and threaded 9mm conversion barrels. I was a little crushed by that, so i looked around and found that Lone Wolf Distributors had the barrel I wanted in stock and on sale. So I ordered one of them plus some other replacement parts to improve the trigger and functionality of my my Glock.

Robbie at Wheaton Arms has sent me an e-mail telling me that in December, they plan on doing a run of the extended and threaded 9mm Conversion barrels. If I can fit one into the budget, I will order one and compare the Lone Wolf and the Wheaton Arms barrels.

No comments: