The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, April 16, 2012

BAG Day

Welll no Actually for me it will be BAK Buy A Knife.  I'm having a custom knife made.  It's going to cost me a rather large amount but it is 80% my personal design.  And the person making it is a highly talented and competent blade maker.  First I will post "MY" design, then I will post His modifications to my design, which will make it a much better blade.  Please excuse the cruddy scans.






The last one is his modification of my design.  If everything goes right.  I should have it in my hands by summertime.  Just in time to give it a real work out while camping and hiking with my kids.  This is NOT a fighting knife.  This is a field utility knife.  Designed to be used and abused.  And while it will cost me more than I usually pay for a firearm.  In my opinion, this will be worth it.  For the hand crafted quality, and I know the knife maker.  I know people who have and use his blades.  And they are all above satisfied.  I will ask him to document the build when he starts making it for me.  And NO!  I will NOT tell you who he is.  UNTIL I have my blade in hand, so everyone ordering their own custom blades, doesn't get my knife pushed on to the back burner.  :)

No comments: