The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, August 3, 2012

Beeman Dual Caliber Air Rifle sighting in.

Here is a test target, a phone book with a piece of paper with a dot marked in the center.
That is actually 12 shots, 6 on the left as I adjust the scope and 6 in the center. That raged hole in the center just under the black dot is 3 pellets.

This air rifle is very powerful. I've shot .22 shorts that didn't penetrate as far as this rifle did with .177 pointed Crossman pellets.

One pellet actually penetrated all 583 pages and dented the wood backing board.

That is 360 pages into the phone book.

I will do some more shooting with this air rifle this weekend to fine tune the scope sighting. Oh and this is at 30 feet just sitting on my back steps using my knees for a rest, no bench.

Yes I can shoot. I am actually much better with rifles than I am with handguns. With my old No.4 MKI SMLE I would regularly shoot a 3 inch group at 100 yard with iron sights. Compared to normally shooting a 10 inch 18 round group with a handgun at 21 feet, I much prefer a good rifle for any type of distance shooting.

No comments: