The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, August 3, 2012

New acquisition to the gunsafe

a Beeman Dual Caliber air rifle. It is a .177 and .22 air rifle which according to the box puts out a .177 pellet at 1000 FPS and a .22 pellet at 800 FPS. I got mine at the Walmart down in Aransas Pass Texas as my local store didn't have it. It was $114.00 where Amazon has it for for 174.99 plus shipping, and several oterh vendors have it ranging from $139.99 to 159.99 plus shiipping. So I got it at Wally World. They didn't have any .22 pellets in stock though, so I'll have to get those later.

Today all I have done is mount the scope and fired a few pellets through it. I will have to take some time this weekend to zero the scope. This has the makings of a decent yard varmint rifle, as .22 shorts for the Sears/Savage 29A are rather expensive at almost 6 dollars a box of 50 versus 3 bucks for 250 pellets. The pellets I fired into a 1X3 board almost fully penetrated the board at 15 feet, so the yard varmints should watch out.

Pics and more details to follow if the heat and humidity don't get me this weekend.

The link to the rifle at Walmart is : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Beeman-Dual-Caliber-Air-Rifle-with-Scope/16686245

It doesn't say if it is available via site to store, but according to the reviews with a little bit of care this rifle turns out excellent accuracy. As the farthest I plan on shotting this is only about 50 feet, that is good enough for me.

No comments: