The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inflation and the Consumer Price Index as it relates to your grocery bill

Peter has a post about this and I have a few things to say.

First click the below link and read Peter's post then come back over here.

The truth about inflation





Now last night I went to the grocery store with my oldest daughter Mary.  Meat prices right now for things like ribs and pork chops are $1.97 a pound.  3 weeks ago they were $3.28 a pound, this ties in to the farmers slaughtering their herds because they cannot feed them this winter.  Ground beef had dropped a little bit a few weeks ago from $2.42 a pound to $1.98 a pound, but is now back up to $2.28 a pound for ground chuck.  Chicken thighs were $1.19 a pound several weeks ago are now $2.18.  I can no longer find 1 pound of sliced american cheese packages. They are all smaller now, from 24 slices to 18 slices to 12 slices now and they cost more.  The pound a half cans of beef stew are now just shy of a pound, but their prices are still $1.50 each at one store, but $1.68 at the other.  1 and a half pound cans of Whole Kernel Corn which used to be .89 cents are now just over 1 pound and are $1.42 each.  25 pounds of sugar I was spending $9.49 for is now $14.99.

Do you notice what is going on there?  Between shrinking of the amount product the prices are also rising.  We are paying more for less.  And the shrinking amounts and price increases are continuing.

I spent $391 for groceries last night, 4 years ago the same amount of food, notice I said AMOUNT, since I have to buy more cans and packages to equal the same amount, the same amount cost me $245.  That is a $146 difference.  That is more than my car insurance payment.  More than my electric bill, which is still higher than I used to pay.

And the government is saying there is no inflation.  Look around, can't you see what is going on around you?  We are being lied to by the government, the food producers, the grocery stores and even the banks.

Are you angry yet?

No comments: