The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Can you see it?


Here I am with Hugo, one of the dogs.  Can you see it?


Still hidden even with my t-shirt pulled up.  That's covering my FEG AP765.  Melissa and I were heading into town to pick up some stuff from the drug store and I'd ordered some pizza's for the kids.

So from the house to the truck, it's tucked under my shirt.  Once I got in the truck it went into it's hidey hole.

In most states even if you don't have a concealed carry license you CAN carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle if it is properly secured.  That varies from state to state.  To find out your States Laws as they regard to carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle for your protection, I will give you two links to check out.

NRA-ILA State Gun Laws

Hand Gun Laws

Now those two websites can help you get started, however it would be best if you contact both your State Police and your local Law Enforcement Agency.  In my case, down here in South Texas, I can carry a firearm in my vehicle if I am traveling.  All the Jurisdictions down this way consider traveling if you go more than 10 iles from your residence.  However because of the human and drug smuggling that goes on in the area, as long as they can't see it in your vehicle and you report it to them if you are pulled over.  For the most art they don't care.

Where YOU live might be an entirely different kettle of fish.  So be SURE of the laws that affect you before you throw a loaded firearm in you car and take off.

2 comments:

Bob S. said...

The Traveling element of the law was removed in the previous legislative session.
Sec. 46.02 says nothing about 'traveling' any more.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

I can't find the State Attorney General's opinion on 'traveling' but I know there was one issue. Some district attorneys have vowed to file charges but not one case has been prosecuted succesfully in recent years.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

That was the Houston and the Austin D.A.'s and the State AG put a stop to that. He released a statement about it about 2 years ago IIRC. Stated that if you are in your car going from point A to point B you are "Traveling" And the distance doesn't matter. Most of the cops I know won't hassle anyone on it unless the person is being rude or obnoxious.