The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, November 22, 2013

Mounting a light on a weapon

I'm thinking about mounting a AA Mini Mag on my Franken 15.  I've been researching and I keep coming up with people who want to do the same thing and EVERYONE has an opinion.

You know what they say about opinions and anal sphincters.

I'm not asking for your opinion on my choice of light.  I am asking for the information on how to do what I ALREADY DECIDED TO DO.

I don't care if the G-2, the Surefire, the Illuminator 10million K candle powers lights only costs XXX.

I want to know how to mount a AA Mini Mag light to my rifle.

Did I ask what would be the best light?

No, I asked how to mount the AA Mini Mag, which I am going to do with or without your input, to my rifle.

YES, I know the Mini Mag doesn't throw light as far as a Surefire.

Yes, I know there are better lights for not that much more money.

YES, I KNOW ALL THAT!

I DO NOT, know how to mount the AA Mini Mag to my rifle.

THAT!  Is my question.

So instead of trying to get me to buy the gear you buy, or to change my opinion.  Would you please just tell me the best mount for a AA Mini Mag, to mount it on an AR-15 rifle that has a upper and lower railed gasblock and a MagPul MOE Carbine length stock.

Please?

This is not that hard.  I have made this choice because of "MY" needs and budget.  I know what the limitations are.  I am willing to accept them.  So please if you could just answer the question I asked, instead of trying to interject your own preferences, I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

gun monkey said...

There are a multitude of options for mounting a light to your AR. The best mount for the money is Elzetta Manufacturing flashlight mount. I have one of their flashlight mounts on my M870. It does what I need it to do, hold my flashlight. I'm not sure if the Elzetta mount will hold your minimag but you could always wrap some electrical tape around the body of the flashlight.
http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/flashlights-accessories/flashlight-mounts/elzetta-tactical-flashlight-mounts-prod55514.aspx

East Of The Pecos said...

Fenix makes a reasonably priced mount that should work for you. The ALG-01. many of Fenix's lights are similar in diameter to the mini mag and take AA batteries

http://www.fenixgear.com/fenix-flashlight-ring-alg-01.html

Costs about $14.00 SRP, but can be had cheaper if you shop around

Dvor had them for $8.00 but all of them are spoken for,unfortunately.

gun monkey said...

There is another option. Just get some small scope mounts. They are usually inexpensive and will hold your minimag.