The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, April 17, 2015

Moss Pawn - Air Force .45 Air Rifle



I really wish, Eric would do less with the destructo testing and show more of his Velocity and range testing.

For what it is, I think this type of air rifle would be very good for vermin control.

When I used to live up in St. Louis, one of the municipalities had a MAJOR problem with the deer population.  The various Anti's, (Anti guns, anti hunting) would NOT allow for professional hunters to come and thin the deer population, which had EXPLODED.  An increase in deer vs car accident, destroyed yards and gardens and when I left the St. Louis area there was a small but measurable increase in destruction of habitat for other wildlife and disease due an accompanying tick population increase.

They tried trapping and relocating the deer and despite being expensive as all get out, it was actually killing more of the deer the "Anti's" wanted to save.

If you want to know more about that situation google Deer Population + Town and Country Missouri.

The amount of Derp and Herp and general stupidity of the "Anti's" will be self evident to you.

However one of these air rifles, especially an integrally suppressed one, in the hands of an experienced and  professional hunter, would both thin the herd to a manageable size, the meat by law, at least it was, in Missouri would go to the local Food Banks to help feed the needy.

I did leave a comment on the video for Airgun Depot, asking about the possibility of using Saboted bullets in this rifle.  Maybe I'll get a response.

ETA: Airgun Depot responded to my question.

"greylocke100 12:03 PM

+Airgun Depot Would a Saboted bullet work well?Thinking a .357/.358 JHP or PSP with a polymer Sabot should seal properly without damaging the rifling, and should give a little more velocity and range.

Airgun Depot 2:21 PM

Good question, I had planned on trying that while I had the rifle in hand before I sent it to Eric and Chad. I had a hard time finding a sabot that fit just right. The barrel on these is slugged at .457 and all the sabots that I could find at my local sporting goods store where .454, in theory it should work though...if you check out our guide page to the Texan we do have some chronny data for a few different bullet types
http://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan.html"



I wonder if a .50 cal muzzleloading Sabot could be turned down to try.

No comments: