The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Chappie a review

I just finished watching Chappie after buying it over the weekend.  It is a story about Man's Vanity, need for Vindication, the Wonder of a Child, and Love.

While I wish there wasn't as much swearing, I did find it very enjoyable, and I actually HATED Hugh Jackman's character in the movie and had a visceral response to the ending.

Vanity and need for Vindication.  Both Vincent and Deon suffer from this.  Although Deon's sets the stage for Vincent's, it is Vincent's greater desire for both that brings the action to the fore.

The Wonder of a Child, is Chappie as he experiences and learns about life and consciousness.

Love is Chappie's Love for his "Mommy", and Ninja's Love for Yolandi.

The last 6 minutes are a kick in the gut, but the last 90 seconds actually made me tear up.

I won't give any real spoilers, but if you haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend it.  Just be sure to not let your kids watch it with the sub-titles on.  The accents do make the swearing a little harder to understand.

No comments: