The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Went to the Fun Show today

or rather yesterday (Saturday).  My buddy Ken knows some of the firearms on my list and he found one at the show.  Then he sent me a picture of it.  Within the hour two of my boys and I were at the show, and I picked up a NIB, Iver Johnson Model 55A Target Model .22 Revolver.  This gun is mint, in it's original box, which is near mint itself.  Just the patina of age, the original instructions were mint/patina.  And this firearm has never been fired outside of factory testing.  I will post up pictures of it later because I think y'all will like it.  And YES, I FULLY intend on putting some rounds through this pistol.  I don't own "Safe Queens".  Firearms are meant to be fired and I will always enjoy shooting a well made firearm.

However, at the show, I was unintentionally rude to one of the vendors.  I didn't mean to and I apologized immediately, but I don't think he accepted my apology.

Ken and I were walking the floor, and we came upon a gentleman who had a very nice selection of revolvers and shotguns.  One of them was an extremely nice Ruger Model GP-100 Target Model with the flat side bull barrel.  the gentleman started to explain about this particular revolver and I cut him off.  I apologized immediately for doing so, but I was actually in a lot of pain at the time.  I still am actually.  However I feel rather bad about how I acted towards him even though I apologized immediately and profusely.

I could literally see the man shut down in front of me.  His face lost all emotion and became like a basilisk.

I try to never offend people either intentionally or unintentionally.  And today I screwed up.

My only defense is that I was in a LOT of pain, and I was having trouble walking.  I wasn't feeling good when Ken texted me about the Iver Johnson and since I was going to be driving, I did not take my pain meds as I didn't want to be impaired behind the wheel.

So I will post up some photos of my newest acquisition, which will be joining my "Farmers Guns" line up along with my Mossberg 185.

So keep your eyes out in the next day or so for some pictures.

No comments: