The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, October 1, 2015

SIG Sauer 1911-22 Conversion Kit

Remember my post YESTERDAY?  Where I said that I had to take the FP Block/Plunger out of my conversion so I can use it with my Norinco 1911A1 Government Model?

Well I just did it.  It took me a grand total of 5 minutes.  I did bend one of my brass punches knocking the main pin out of the slide to remove the breech block/bolt. I did have to resort to using my steel punch which also slightly bent.  That pin was in there TIGHT!



I just followed along this video, and easy peasy out it came.

So I will try to get to the range in the morning with it.  I won't have an assistant with me, so don't expect much in the way of pics other than video from the cameras.

Oh, and while I'm remembering it.  In the video I shot the other day I couldn't remember the name of the Plunger for the slide stop/release/safety.  The slidestop/release that SIG includes to use with their kit has a slight problem with it's angle, requiring me to use an external tool/object to depress the plunger to allow the slidestop/release to be inserted into the frame.  I don't know if it is because the SIG magazines require an extended stop/release or not.  I'll try it with my stock release and with the SIG supplied release.

So when I finally get that video uploaded don't bash me in the comments because I couldn't remember what the plunger is called.

No comments: