The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Truck Driver saves a life

"I did what most people would do—stop and help if they had they ability to," Roseberg told WCCO.com

Unfortunately, not everyone would do that.  I would, I know almost all of my readers would, but no, not everyone would stop and help.  It has become sad that examples like this are becoming the exception, rather than the rule.

I remember growing up, spending time on my aunt and uncle's farm in north central Arkansas, if another family had a death in the family or an injury or just a bad season.  Every other farm family in the area would throw open their pantries, equipment sheds and their wallets to help.  I remember spending a fall helping to bale hay on a farm in the next county because the farmer had suffered a stroke.  All around, people pitched in to help.  His larder never went bare, his family was fed, his crop and livestock were taken care of.  His medical bills were helped with by bake sales, donation cans in all the local businesses, several farmers donated livestock at the auction that were bid up many times their real value when it was known they were to help pay his medical bills.

That is how it was and is in many small communities.  In the cities?

Not so much.

So unfortunately, stopping to offer aid and save a life has become the exception instead of being the rule.

No comments: