The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I will be scarce the next few days

I am leaving for St. Louis in about 10 hours, where I have some personal business to take care of.  I will also be touring a Tactical Training facility just outside of the St. Louis Metropolitan area.  I'm not taking a course, but there was a video posted over at ENDO (Every Day, No Days Off), and after the comments on the video were rather disparaging, I sent an e-mail to the company in question.  I have received an invitation to actually try some of the training they offer, however my physical condition would make that a "Bad Idea".  So I will be touring their facility and they have offered to let me shoot a few of their firearms and actually will let me climb (They said they have a ladder) on top of their shoot house so I can verify how safe their wall filler is at preventing errant rounds from leaving the house.

So if everything goes to spec, Tuesday as I make my way back to Texas, I will stop at Asymmetric Solutions Farmington Facility, and I will get a tour.  I'm bringing an extra Kilt with me so maybe we can get a few more donations for Kilted To Kick Cancer.

And after I get back, I will be doing a write up of their facility plus I'm taking along a few of my cameras, so I will have video's as well.

Just don't expect me to try any drills.

Please seriously.  I'm worse than Rooster Cogburn.   I'm too old and too fat  :) 

Also as an aside.  Asymmetric Solutions has graciously offered to let me use their range so I can Zero the sights on the Franken-15, which will also be getting a write up after I have it Zeroed properly. So hopefully, by next Wednesday I'll be home and I'll have some video, photo's and a lot of words to post.

I had hoped Double Tap Defense, makers of the Heizer Double Tap, would have e-mailed me back, as I had an invitation from one of their reps at the Houston NRA Annual Meeting, to test their pistol.  As of yet, I still haven't received any word. I'm still packing an extra 100 rounds of .45 ACP in my range bag, just in case they do contact me while I'm in St. Louis.

:)

No comments: