The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I had a request

I had a request from someone who read my earlier post about high rise belt slot holsters that I'm looking for.

So I figured I'd write up a post on what I "used" to carry on my duty belt back when I worked security and for the PD.

First I had 3 duty belts and what I called my light duty gear.

Duty Belt #1 was a plain leather Sam Browne style without the shoulder strap, with a high rise Brauer Bros holster similar to this one from Gould And Goodrich.I lived and worked in St. Louis so Brauer Brothers gear was available in almost every cop supply house.  Add in 2 handcuff cases and 2 double speedloader pouches a flashlight/baton ring, pepper spray pouch, radio pouch and a glove pouch.  And 8 belt keepers.

Then I had almost the exact same in both basket weave and patent leather.

I carried 2 pairs of Peerless handcuffs, 4 HKS speedloaders, 2 speedloaders were loaded with Remington 125 gr +p Golden Sabers, the other 2 were loaded with Federal 125 gr +p Hydrashocks .

My carry weapon was a Satin Nickle Taurus Model 82 with a 4 inch barrel and Pachmayr Gripper Grips.  I still carry and use this revolver and I have put in excess of 10k rounds through it since I bought it brand new in 1992.  The only real work I've done to it was to replace the hammer spring which was getting a little weak.

I also carried either a Monadock phenolic plastic nightstick or a 4 C cell maglight.

The only difference between my duty belts was on my patent leather duty belt I carried a 16" ASP extendable baton in a rigid slot carrier instead of my Monadock nightstick.  When I wore that one I was usually working for the PD and they wanted nice and shiny.  And carrying a nightstick when you were working with prisoners is not a good thing.


Nowadays my Every Day Carry, is my new to me FEG AP 765 in an Akar IWB Holster with a belt clip and 4 mags of 65 gr FMJ's that I carry in an old binocular case as I haven't found a mag pouch I like yet, and 2 knives.  My Swiss Army knife and a copy of a Gerber bolster lock knife.

I'm going to talk to Mike aka Evyl Robot, to make me a custom holster for the FEG and some holster for the Taurus's as I've purchased a few more of them.  I'll also see about getting some mag pouches made to my preferences, and maybe some speedloader pouches.

No comments: