The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

You tell me

The other night I posted about how something weird is going on out in the Gulf of Mexico.

Something weird is going on in the gulf


I recorded some of the scanner traffic on my cell phone and posted it up to youtube.





I was hearing digital and side band transmissions all night long.  I was also still hearing spanish, and that slavic language.  I was also hearing the Coast Guard Station in Galveston, I NEVER hear the station from Galveston, I'll hear Corpus Christi, Port Aransas and Port O'Connor, but last night I was hearing GALVESTON, in addition to the other stations.

I was also hearing traffic between at least 2 air units and several boats/ships on the water, and something flew over my house about 3:30 in the morning so low it shook my entire house.  It was a turbo prop and that was about all I could tell, that and it set off all of the dogs, except Ariel was terrified of what ever it was and was trying to dig her way into my shirt.  It was a BIG turbo prop that much I could tell as it was too far away for me to try to get a tail number even if it wasn't dark.

And I just heard the Galveston Station again, calling out a hazard to navigation in Galveston harbor.  That's over 150 miles from here.

I HATE spring break.

All the people from out of town come down here and act the fool in the water, on the roads and in the various hotels, motels and rental homes.

Spring break which lasts for almost 3 weeks between all the various schools and the different times they are off, and there are more accidents, drunk driving incidents and property damage in those three weeks than there are the rest of the entire year.

But with all the weird stuff going on, I have to think that maybe someone might try to use all the confusion as a cover for something else.


No comments: