The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Malware and anti-virus updates -UPDATED

Ok something weird is going on.  According to my logs my A/V program has pushed 11 updates today alone.  Normally it will update 2 or 3 times a day.  This time it has updated 11 times, changed it's start up settings, and has a completely new sub program it installed.  So I loaded my other protection software and all of them had updates 3 to 4 times the size of a normal update.  And all of these programs were just updated sunday. 4 days ago.

So something is up.  I went searching to see if there is any chatter on the A/V Anti-Malware forums that I can find.  So if you are in IT could you check your logs and maybe leave a comment here or drop me an e-mail.

This concerns me as I have to keep the 5 computers here plus my moms 2 and my cousins 3 computers.  If something is going on I would like to know about it before it becomes an issue, as my mom and cousins don't run scan as religiously as I do.

UPDATE:  Ok my netbook just decided it had to download all new install files for Malware Bytes all of a sudden. It was updated like I said "Sunday" and it hasn't even been turned on since then until 15 minutes ago when I figured I'd get everything updated before I left for Houston in the morning.  Sooo I'm running a full scan on it, and I might break out the USB Thumbdrive running Linux and do a full scan with it.

Something is going on.  And I don't like it.

No comments: