The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Remember that Ammo I was given to test?

In particular the S&B 1 1/8th oz 2.5" Tactical Slugs?  Here are some pics from the first test Sprog #4 and I did up in College Station at Gunsmoke Shooting Range. (If you go there, let 'em know you heard about them from me, Thankee)


On the Left the 2.5" 1 1/8 oz (Brenneke Style) S&B Tactical Slug, on the Right 2.75" 1 oz (Foster Style) Remington Slugger


This is the recovered S&B Slug after going through 3 gallons of water and hitting the ground.


Here is the Remington Slug after going through 3 gallons of water and hitting the ground.

I'm going to re-do the water test as soon as I get access to the local range.  I've been putting it off because it's $75.00 a year and I've always had other things, (kids, groceries, gasoline, electric bill, car insurance) that I needed to spend the money on.  However if I'm going to get serious about this, I'm going to have to fork out the $$.  As such, I've made a deal for another camera through one of my E-bay suppliers.  I'm getting a "Sports" Camera with protective housing external battery charger and 2 extra batteries, basically for the price of the camera with 1 extra battery.  Hopefully it will be here before the end of the month.  No guarantees though.  But it does record at 60 FPS, which coupled with my video editing software means I should be able to show some halfway decent slow mo shots.  Again No Guarantees though.

I'm still playing with the videos I took of the water test, that I took up in college Station.  I'll upload a few to YouTube and post them here after I get them looking halfway decent.

If anyone has a decent Chronograph that works that they would like to sell inexpensively, (like $40.00 to $50.00) please let me know.  Unless you are a manufacturer and wouldn't mind loaning me one for an extended field test.

And I still need to find someone with a GOOD Decibel Meter in the Corpus Christi area, so I can cross check the one I got from my E-bay Supplier.

Now if the idiots would quit setting off fireworks I should be able to get some sleep.  It sounds like the 4th of July around my house and the scanner has been going nuts ever since it got dark with calls of people complaining about all the fireworks.  (And it's NOT me)  I didn't buy any this year.

No comments: