The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, December 26, 2014

Raw video of S&B Slug test

I'm up in College Station visiting my eldest daughter and her fiance, and I've got some ammo to test.  Luckily, there is a shooting range nearby.


I called and talked to the owner and explained about how I had some ammunition that I needed to test and I was looking for a safe place to do so.  I explained what I wanted to do and he agreed to let me do so at his range.  Normally, they don't allow having stuff down range as they get people wanting to be ridiculous about some of the things they want to shoot.

However he gave me permission to use his range and do the tests I wanted to do.

The following two video's are the raw unedited footage.  This netbook doesn't have the memory to do proper video editing so that will have to wait until I get home to do proper editing.



This is from my cruddy camera.  It was supposed to be a good HD capable camera that could record at 720p, but as you can hear from the sound it makes a bunch of extraneous noise and no matter how I set the resolution, it comes out grainy.



This is from my decent Nikon, but still not the camera I really need for this, but I'll work with it until I can afford better.

Now if you are in the Bryan/College Station area and would like to do a little bit of shooting, I can highly recommend Gunsmoke Shooting Range in Snook, Texas about 10 miles west of College Station off of Highway 60 just about 100 yards west of Highway 50.  They have Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun Ranges in addition to Trap Shooting.  And trust me you will really like the 100 yard Rifle Range.

I'll be doing some more testing with these shells as I have been loaned a rifled Mossberg barrel for my pump action, and we will be putting these slugs to the test even more.

Oh and my lovely assistant is Sprog #4 aka my youngest daughter.  And NO you can't have her e-mail address or her phone number. 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's a good range! Kudos to them!!!