The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas



By the time this post and you read it, I should be on my way to my eldest daughter new home in College Station for Christmas.  I am hoping that I might be able to hit a shooting range just a few miles out of town to do some testing of some Ammunition that I wrote about earlier, plus I will checking to see how Aquila 60 gr sub-sonics work in my Savage 29 or my Heritage Arms Single Action.  I will also be testing those steel case Silver Bear 12 gauge loads with 1 1/8th oz #8 shot.  I'm thinking I might be able to convert these steel case hulls into centerfire hulls that can use Large Pistol Primers reliably enough for field reloading.  The conversion process will probably be a month or two down the road, but I've got to empty some of those hulls before I can try the conversion, so I'm bringing 50 shells with me.

If the range will let me, I'll be seeing how some various ammo stacks up against water filled 2 and 3 liter bottles.  Some ranges won't let you do stuff like that without prior authorization, if at all.



So while I'm gone, please don't make a mess, and DRIVE SAFE.  I don't want to read on the blogs that someone was hurt or killed by drunk driving/intoxicated driving or anything else.

 Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

Happy Chanukah

Happy Kwanzaa

Happy Festivus

And if I missed any it was not intentional, so leave me a comment so I can make sure I have it right for next year.

And please have a Safe and Happy New Year, filled with the love of your friends and family.

And may the Creator hold his hands over all of you in protection.

This also includes, if you feel tired while driving "PULL OVER"  and get some rest or let someone else better rested drive.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hope it was a great one!