The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Final Report S&B 1 1.8th ounce 2.5 inch Tactical Slugs.

I was sent this ammo by Eric from Ammoman to test on my blog and YouTube page.

It feeds properly in my High Standard Flite King and my Maverick 88.

I tested this ammo through 4 different barrels in my Maverick 88

A 18.5 inch Cylinder Bore barrel
A 24 inch Rifled Barrel
A 28 inch Ribbed Barrel with a Carlson Rifled Choke
A 28 inch Ribbed Barrel with a Mossberg Accu-choke Modified Choke

Surprisingly, the 28 inch barrel with the rifled Choke gave  the best accuracy out to 100 yards printing a 6 inch 5 shot group.

The Rifled barrel grouped 10 inch  5 shot group at 100 yards

The 28 inch with modified choke barrel grouped 19 inch 5 shot group at 100 yards

The 18.5 inch cylinder bore barrel only placed 3 out of 5 shots on the 2 foot target at 100 yards.

I also fired it out of my 26 inch NEF top break with a modified barrel and at 50 yards it grouped 7 inches with a 5 shot string.

And last I fired it out of the left barrel Improved Cylinder of my Amadeo Rossi Squire 12 ga SXS  28 inch barrels.  It grouped 10 inches at 50 yards.

I recovered several of the slugs after firing them into buckets of water and the held together and were almost whole.  Compared to the Remington Slugger Foster style slugs they looked almost unfired.

After seeing that type of performance I'd really like to take them and see how they work on a deer or a wild hog.

The BIG surprise was in my High Standard, it is a pistol grip shotgun with an 18 inch barrel and I was hitting the 100 yard target 7 times out of 12.  The recoil is a bit stout, more than the Remington Sluggers, but it is easily dealt with.

I still have some of these slugs left, if there is anyone near Corpus who would like to try them for hunting, please send me an e-mail.  As long as you send me pics and a brief report on how they worked for you, they're yours for the taking.

No comments: