The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Revolver Shooters - Speedloader Retention

I love my revolvers.  For many years when I worked security for the Housing Authority and worked Federal contracts at the Federal Courthouse, FBI Building and the R.A.Y. Federal building in St. Louis, I carried a .38 Special revolver.

So I really enjoy shooting my revolvers, I like how simple and reliable they are.  Yes I do have several semi-automatic handguns, I still prefer a good quality revolver.

So I have been looking for a better way to carry my speedloaders.  For years, I've either carried them in a belt pouch or pocket, or used speed strips.

I think I've finally found a new speedloader pouch to replace the nylon, cordura and leather pouches I have used in the past.

JOX Loader Pouches offers a fitted kydex pouch/clip which holds the speedloader above the belt line, so it is easier to conceal under a loose shirt.



That shows how they work.  And I like that.

I've sent them an e-mail to see if they offer a 3 speedloader pouch, as I prefer to carry 3 extra reloads at all times.

Here are some pics, (all of these pictures are from the JOX Loader Pouches site)





The whole thing other than what looks like 1 rivet, is made of 1 piece of Kydex, so this should be very strong and stable on a belt.  I just hope they can make a 3 loader pouch and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

So if you, like me, are a wheel gun fan, give them a looksee.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

The only issue I see is that you can't adjust them for belt width, so you'd have to get multiples if you have different width belts. e.g. dress belt/Wilderness belt.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I noticed that, but I prefer a good wide thick belt especially for holster retention. Most of my belts are 1.5 inches wide with a couple that are 1.75 inches. If I can get a triple pouch for 1.5 inch and another for 1.75 for a decent price, I'm probably going to get them.