The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Arachnophobia

If you have arachnophobia, you really don't want to come to my house.  We have several Wolf Spiders and Daring Jumping Spiders in my house, and we don't kill spiders, unless they are poisonous.  Most of the time we will just take a piece of paper and move the spider to another room or toss them out the window.  There have been a few times though when a Wolf Spider was on my computer desk that it just sat there and watched me type for a few minutes then it went off on it's merry way looking for bugs to eat.

In Texas, there are a LOT of bugs for a spider to eat.  Especially since we leave our windows open most of the time and the dogs have torn up the screens by jumping through them.

Just so you know what I am talking about here is a pic of a Jumping Spider.



And here is a Wolf Spider.



The Wolf Spider is much larger than the Jumping Spider, the wolf Spiders are normally about 3-4 inches across with their legs, and the Jumping Spiders are about 2-3 inches with their legs.

Neither the Jumping Spider or the Wolf Spider are poisonous, however they can bite if you startle them and the bites can be uncomfortable.

However these guys eat a LOT of bugs, so they are welcome in my home.

No comments: