The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, July 12, 2013

Atlas - New Darpa Robot



I found this over at Ace's, he had some good snark on it, but I watched the video.  I want one.  Can you imagine how helpful this would be for people with mobility problems?  My neighbor just had heart valve replacement and can barely walk at the moment.  Getting in and out of bed is very hard for him.  Something like this which could help him transfer from his bed to his wheel chair would be excellent.  Especially with how tight it is in his small park model trailer.  then there are my own issues with my mobility.  I've had days where I've literally had to crawl to the bathroom because my back and hip were messed up and the kids were at school.  Something like this to help me get up and get into the bathroom or help support me in the kitchen so I could prepare meals.  The possiblities for this robot are endless.

No comments: