The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, July 12, 2013

Not sure if spam, scam or what

I received an e-mail earlier from a young lady hawking a supposed "New" website for the comparing of firearms.  After some back and forth e-mails I found out from her that the site is "Associated" with Gander Mountain and being run by Kevin O'Connor, whose Wikipedia page states that he is the co-founder of DoubleClick the ad service company that puts ads all over the web.  I was asked for a blurb about the new site by the young lady and it was a little off putting.  The first e-mail I received was plain jane no signature lines or anything like that and as I asked more detailed question the "Professionalness" I guess you could say of her messages increased in relation to the more detailed my questions became.  Anyway I'm posting the screen shots of our conversation here and you my readers can decide for yourself.



I personally am of the opinion that this is nothing more than a way to capitalize on the 2nd Amendment, especially with Illinois now being Shall Issue.  And while I think a search engine for firearms is good, there are other websites out there that do similar functions that DON'T have a tie in with a major company.

But that's just me.  I was suspicious of Heidi from Lucky Gunner until she actually followed through with what she said, so this may just be my built in suspicion talking.

No comments: