The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My scanner is keeping me awake

I normally only have the local 3 counties police, fire, ambulance service and sheriffs office breaking squelch on my scanner through the night.  However other frequencies I have programmed in are Texas DPS, and several Federal frequencies.  Such as the Marshal's Service and the DEA and FBI.  Those other frequencies are in bank 2 on my scanner and they rarely break squelch unless it's mid morning early afternoon.  Tonight those frequencies have been breaking squelch on my scanner since about 1800, and most of them are encrypted, which means the transmitter is within 10 miles of my house.  Well this weekend we have a fair and music festival, with many Hispanic groups and exhibitors at the flea market area of the fair.  With the DPS and the DEA frequencies are the most often used and are encrypted the most.  I think they are running an OP at the fairgrounds.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see on the news in the morning about a bunch of arrests in town.  So I'm not going to lock out band 2 to try to get some sleep.  I like knowing what is going on in my area.  I just wish the encrypted radios weren't so loud during transmission.  They are easily 3 times louder than the non-encrypted radios.  I don't want to turn down the scanner to a level that the encrypted signals are bearable and miss the regular traffic.

Also along those line I will be testing a new piece of Emergency Preparedness Gear tomorrow.  It should make a good write up.

Now I'll try to get to sleep, if the DPS, and DEA would just quit talking so much.









My house is the green point the fairground is the orange  That is also the area of high dollar rentals for winter Texans, and summer vacationers.  There is a lot of good fishing piers and a few years back one of the bait fishermen caught a bull shark in his shrimp net.  It was a little bit exciting.  There are also quite a few fine dining and drinking establishments where the fair is, there is Charlotte Plummers, The Boiling Pot, The Light House Inn and Restaurant.  All told I live in a nice area.  With reasonably low crime rates, officers and deputies even State DPS Officers and some of the Federal alphabet agencies, even our Fish and Wildlife agents do as much as they can to keep our little county safe.

And I personally applaud them for doing their duty to us. Yes from time to time, there will be errors and mistakes made.  However the way the Sheriff's Office and the Police Department and everyone else involve, go out of their way to make as little impact on our residents as they can.  I appreciate that and I respect that.  Even if their encrypted radios are keeping me awake.


So if you are ever looking to want to come down to Aransas County/Rockport/Fulton area, we have almost anything you could need.  And Law Enforcement Officials who take their job seriously..

No comments: