The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The ridiculousness has just hit #11

I have kids, I have COPD, I have a nebulizer. One of the dogs chewed the hose for it, so I called the pharmacy to get a new one.

A PRESCRIPTION IS REQUIRED!!!

To get a little piece of polyvinyl tubing I have to call my doctor, setup an appointment, spend $15.00 on the Co-pay for the doctor visit which I'm told I can't get until next week. To get a PRESCRIPTION for a new hose.

WHAT!!!!

This is approaching BEYOND ridiculous by a far margin.

UPDATE:  I found the old Nebulizer mask under the sink, so I can use it's hose.  I think I"m going to be talking to the Doc about getting several spares.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check online resources; you can buy the components for the masks, even nebulizers themselves, online without a prescription.

I use the mouthpiece type set up instead of a mask. I bought 6 sets; mouthpiece & tubing, for around $30 or so if I remember right.

Amazon or just search for nebulizer parts or nebulizer masks.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I will look into that. Thank you.

Jason Tyler said...

I don't know how it is in TX but generally you only have to have a prescription for tubing if you are going to file a claim with Medicare, Medicaid, or insurance which is a waste of time for $2.99 worth of tubing. Ask your Dr. for a blanket order for a nebulizer and all supplies it should be good for at least a year then just get it renewed everytime you have your annual physical.