The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, June 27, 2013

AYFKM

"Hypothetically going beyond the legal boundaries of church and state, it's awfully presumptuous and ignorant of the Cardinals to draw any religious symbol on the mound. It's not really their mound, or anybody's mound, after all. Jews use that mound. Muslims (might) use that mound. Hindus and Sikhs. Hypothetically, Zoroastrians would use that mound. Diests use that mound. People with no god use that mound. Should the Cardinals really have to be reminded that not everyone is their religion?"

REALLY?  SERIOUSLY?  Some person finds this offensive?  Are they one of the team owners?  I doubt it.

Repeat after me.  You do NOT have a right to NOT be offended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

I'll disagree. People have a right to be offended.

What they lack is the right to make anyone else change due to being offended.

The common practice of 'sagging' is offensive to me; I don't want to see boxers (or less) out in public. However all I can do is persuade the people to change. I can't make them stop.

So let everyone get offended as much as they want to; just understand folks, I'm going to stay the way I am.

Ask me to change and we'll talk. Try to make me change and we'll fight.
Their call to make on how they approach people.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

That why I said they don't have a right to NOT be offended. What the leftists are doing is offensive to me, and yet they continue doing it. No one has the right that noone else can offer offense to them. Everyone has the same rights and people need to get over themselves.

Taking Paula Deen, I personally don't like the woman, but to take an incident from 30 years ago to harass her no is the height of hypocrisy.