The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Library of Congress visitor? Hello Congressman or Senator



I mean look at the blog they're coming from....PISSED aka The Feral Irishman probably had some tasty female pics posted again.  But looking at how long they stayed on my blog, once they figured out I don't post scantily clad beauties, (which literally take less than a second) they were gone.  I had a whole snarky line written about someone from the library of Congress visiting my blog, when it hit me in the head.

The Library of Congress isn't just Congress's Library, it is OUR LIbrary.  The library of the People, for the People.

The Library of Congress has a job to try to assemble as much of the literature of the whole world, into one place so that the knowledge can be saved and be available for EVERYONE, regardless of their Race, Religion, or Political Affiliation or lack thereof.

I mean look at this screen shot of the Library of Congress's front page.


Besides on the the Library of Congresses job of collecting information, it's second job is to be a place of Learning.  Look at the screenshot again.  I don't see any type of political agenda there, I see a Teaching agenda there.

From the Wikipedia page on the Library:

The Library of Congress is the research library of the United States Congress, the de facto national library of the United States of America, and the oldest federal cultural institution in the United States. Located in four buildings in Washington, D.C., as well as the Packard Campus[2] in Culpeper, Virginia, it is one of the two largest libraries in the world by shelf space and number of books, the other being The British Library

The Library of Congress has a very important roll not just in this country, but the entire world. 

So I'll hold any real snarky joke in abeyance.  I will leave the bit I wrote at first in though, so you can understand what I had thought at first. 

Yes it's a little funny the came to my page from PISSED's, but considering their real job, it might be serious to them.

No comments: