The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, August 9, 2013

I am slowly turning to the Dark Side

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know that I do not own any AR type rifles.  That is now slowly changing.

The other day you saw part of my progress to the Dark Side HERE.

Last month I took possession of something special.


Whats is it My Precious?


Why it looks like the pieces of an AR-15 Lower My Precious.

Yessssssss Precious....  Uh hmmmmm. Sorry.

Yes those are laser cut flats for a weld together 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver from Jack Squat's Flat Spot.  I am slowly getting together the various parts necessary, so that HOPEFULLY later this year I will go to the Sooper Sekrit Lab and assemble not one but TWO AR-15 rifles.  One will be a Standard AR-15A2 Carbine with the carry handle upper as seen on standard rifles.  The other will be specifically built as a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) HBAR Flatop.  Both rifles will have 1:7 twist barrels and standard A2 Flash Hiders and both will be chambered for not 5.56 NATO not .223 Remington but .223 Wylde to allow the use of both ammunition standards and hopefully give the best accuracy.  After I get these two built I might get another to make a Multi-Cal Pistol possibly in .45 ACP.

I am currently waiting on my two Lower Parts Kits (LPK's) from Palmetto State Armory, to add to my pile of parts for my two custom build rifles. If everything goes to plan, I should be able to get these rifles built before Thanksgiving.

But "That's Not All."  I also went an ordered a LW-15 from New Frontier Armory, and I picked it up yesterday from my Sooper Duper Sekrit Gun Store.



Here it is with the stock collapsed.  When it's extended it about the same length as a standard AR-15 stock which for me is about an inch and a half too short.  The AR-15A2 stock is about a half an inch too short for me as well.  My L.O.P. is almost 17 inches.  I'll be able to shoot it when I finally get all the various pieces as my budget allows, I'll just have to get a slip on buttpad for it if I want to be accurate.  However for 135.88 delivered plus the Sooper Duper Sekrit Gun Shop's transfer fee, I got it for under $160.00 less than 6 days after I ordered it.

Anybody got an upper they'd be willing to horsetrade for?  ;)

UPDATE:  If you would like to know more about the Laser Cut Flats, I'll Direct you to where I learned about them.


The puzzle piece AR15 receiver, (or my personal contribution to the gun control movement.)

The "puzzle piece" AR15 lower is now available

An update to the puzzle piece AR lower

8 comments:

Theredneckengineer said...

NICE!

Now, if we only knew someone who had built one of those lowers...... =)

Fiftycal said...

Check out aimsurplus.com. They have complete uppers for about $500. BTW, the bottom is about to fall out of the upper market. In 6 months, you should be able to get A+#1 uppers for $500-600, common ones for $300.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Yup, there is the Sooper Sekrit Lab, but I don't know if the Mad Genius who runs it wants it know ;)

Mark/GreyLocke said...

With a kid going off to college and 5 others getting ready for school all of my dollars have to be squeezed out of the budget sometimes at knifepoint. If someone has one they don't need and wants to horsetrade they can send me an e-mail.

Theredneckengineer said...

Link away, if you like. I don't mind the traffic.
It's your blog, after all.

Might have a solution to the upper. How quick you need one?

Mark/GreyLocke said...

It's not a real rush other than that impatient feeling you get when you get a new toy. :) I WANT one but I don't need one right at the moment. Especially as the budget is going to be tight until October.

Theredneckengineer said...

I'll see what I can do.
I don't know if I have an extra bolt carrier or not, but the rest of the stuff I might, or a friend might.

Thank you for the link to my site.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I wasn't sure if you wanted the Sooper Sekrit Lab known :)