The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, October 21, 2013

Anyone near Corpus have a new or newish Mossberg or Maverick Pump Shotgun

If you do and want a free shotgun tuneup send me an e-mail at my greylocke email address.

Only caveat.  Pictures of your shotgun will be taken, in particular the bolt, extractors, receiver and ejector.

I don't really need the barrel other than for the functioning test.  The tuneup takes less than 15 minutes and only requires 2 needle files, a standard screwdriver and some blue loctite.

If you can take pics while I do the tuneup, you will get a photo credit on the blog.

This tuneup is for Mossberg 500's, 590's and Maverick 88's and smooths the feeding of shells.  It can be done on any gauge of the aforementioned shotguns.

I will do this for free, just so I can get some pics of how it is done, which will be posted here on the blog.

All of my shotguns have already been done so they won't work for this, and I don't have it in the budget to buy a new one just for this.

After this tune up is done the shotgun will feed shells much smoother, making it easier to operate when bird hunting or shooting clays.

You can look over my shoulder while I do it so you can learn how to do this yourself, there is no big secret about it.

Again, if you have a new or newish Mossberg or Maverick pump shotgun and would like a free tuneup, send me an email to my greylocke email address over there in the right under where it says "Send a Missive".  Please be local to the Corpus Christi, Texas area. 

If you own a gunshop and want to learn this tuneup, I will teach you on the condition that you give readers of my blog a discount on it.  I will post the name of your shop here on the blog and you and I would have to agree on a discount before I showed you this tuneup.

When I used to work for a gun shop up in the St.Charles, Missouri area we charged $15.00 for this minor tuneup.  That was in 1992.  A FULL tuneup cost $45.00 and I no longer own the tools for doing that job, which took about 50-70 minutes depending on the gauge.  Shop rates have only gone higher since then, and time is money, since this job normally takes 15 minutes or less, I can't see it costing more than $25.00-$30.00 at a shop.

I am NOT charging for this, I just want to get pictures of it so I can post them here on the blog.  None of your personal information will be posted here unless you want it to be.

If you work for a Law Enforcement Agency, I will show your armorer this tuneup for free as well.  Again, please be local to the Corpus Christi, Texas area.  Just send me an email.

2 comments:

Bob S. said...

In Fort Worth area or I would take you up on this great offer. Have 2 Maverick 88s.

If you get up this way let me know.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I'm not up that area often Bob. Maybe once every other year. The closest I usually come is San Antonio 5-6 times a year and Austin once a year.

We need to put together a Texas Blogger's Bash, a meet and greet with good food and some range time thrown in. :)

I can set up a small table and teach anyone who wanted to know, this tuneup.