The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, October 31, 2013

The puzzle piece AR-15's

That I referred to originally in THIS post,are coming loser to fruition.

I have the two Lower receiver puzzle parts kits  (From Jack Squat's Flat Spot)

Two A3 upper receivers (From Palmetto State Armory)

Two BCG's (From Palmetto State Armory)

1 17" 1:8 Barrel which will be chambered in .223 Wylde  (From Green Mountain Rifle Barrels)

1 25" 1:7 Barrel also to be chambered in .223 Wylde  (From Green Mountain Rifle Barrels)

2 LPK's  (From Palmetto State Armory)

2 Charging Handles  (From Centerfire Systems)


NOTE: Each of those links go to the part ordered.

But that doesn't equal all the parts necessary to build the two rifles.  One will be a Carbine, the other will be a DMR (Designated Marksman's Rifle aka HBAR)  So I need to locate some parts at a price that will fit my budget but still be good parts.

What do I need?

Two Chamber Extensions.

1 Carbine length gas system with a .750 low profile gas block

1 Rifle Length gas system with a .875 low profile gas block

1 Carbine length railed free float hand guard with barrel nut

1 Rifle Length railed free float hand guard with barrel nut

1 Carbine Length buffer tube with buffer, buffer spring an 6 position buttstock

1 Rifle Length buffer tube with buffer spring and an 1" Extended A2 Hooked buttstock  (I have a 17" L.O.P)

2 A2 Style Flash Suppressors with lock nut

1 decent red dot optic for out to 150 yards

1 very good scope for out to 600 yards

2 sets of Sling Mounts

And I'm probably forgetting a part or two.  So if you see that I'm missing something please e-mail me or leave a comment.


I am building these two rifles for two reasons, the carbine for my kids to shoot, the HBAR for me to try to get back into shooting competitions.

The Redneck Engineer, has been kind enough to help me out with a lot of what I already have and has offered to teach me how to put these rifles together from scratch, so I know how to do it and can be confident in my weapons.  (Boy, isn't THAT a run-on sentence if there ever was one?)

If you have stuff in your parts bin you would be willing to trade or sell please hit my greylocke e-mail over there on the right under where it says "Send a Missive" or click on my name at the bottom of this post, it will take you to my profile and you can click on my e-mail there.  Or leave a comment here with a way to contact you.

If you are a parts manufacturer or a distributor and want to donate or discount parts in exchange for a mention here on the blog I can do that.  Be aware however I will review any and all parts for these rifles and I will NOT pull any punches.

I'm not looking for "Top O'de Line" whiz bang, gee williker parts.  I'm looking for durable, serviceable and affordable.  NOT Cheap parts, affordable parts.  When you try to raise 7 kids and pay the bills on less than 1,300 a month you squeeze every penny until it screams rape and yells for a cop.  I would like to get these rifles built, hopefully before thanksgiving, but it all depends on my finances and the time I have available to drive up to the Redneck Engineers place to get it done.

No comments: