The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Adobe Flash Technical issue


Why is Adobe Flash constantly loading when I have a browser open when there is NO MEDIA in the browser that requires flash?

It took 6 minutes for Firefox to close completely a few minutes ago.

If you have ever seen a screen shot of my desktop you will notice I have Windows Task Manager open.  I ALWAYS have Task Manager open.  With 11 hacking attempts on my computer in the last 3 months I want the ability to use Task Manager to shut down any process running on my computer.

When I close Firefox, Adobe Flash will suddenly load even though my browser is open on a "BLANK" page when I close it.

And Firefox will NOT completely close from memory until I shut down Adobe Flash.  I"ve closed Firefox and left to the doctor, come back 3 hours later and looked at Task Manager, and while there is no tab for Firefox on my taskbar it is STILL in memory and Adobe Flash is loaded.  When I kill Adobe Flash, Firefox FINALLY drops out of memory.  I've tried to reopen Firefox, and I'm told it is already running and to close it.  Click over to Task Manager, yup there it is, and there is Adobe Flash.  Kill Flash and Firefox shut down so I can reopen it.

WHAT in Sam Hill is going on with Firefox and Adobe Flash?

Added a screen shot showing what I mean.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's a strange one... Haven't seen that kind of hang up before.