The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Geeks save a life

"On Thursday, a team of professionals from the appropriately named company Stunts 911 were in a parking lot situated next to a condominium building in downtown San Diego. In a phone conversation with Yahoo! Movies on Saturday, stunt coordinator Gregg Sergeant said they were on a scaffolding about 30 feet in the air prepping a stunt for a party for the film "Kick-Ass 2" where they would light someone on fire when they first saw a woman standing on the outside railing of a balcony on the 14th floor in an apparent suicide attempt"

I consider myself to be a geek.  I enjoy lots of Sci-Fi, read Comic's, have action figures still in their original packaging hanging on my walls.  I'm a member of a Prop Forum, where I actually helped Adam Savage put together a replica prop through my knowledge of the US Army's paperwork.  I also helped to create paper props for any amateur film maker to use in their productions.  I own a replica of the Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Pilot's Blaster Pistol.

I am a Geek.

And yet many people deride Geeks and Nerds because many of us don't have the same social skills or interests.

And yet now a young woman is alive because a group of Geeks saved her life.

No comments: