The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Animals love me

No really they do.  To the point that they sit outside my bedroom door and if I ignore their scratching, they get into fights with each other trying to be the one laying right up against my door.  Now at first I thought it might be because it is air conditioned in my room.  Nope.  Even on sweltering hot days where I turn the air off, they all want to be right up next to me.  When I lie down to go to sleep they all snuggled right up next to me.  If I have a sheet or a blanket over me, several of them HAVE to be under the sheet or blanket.  Even the dogs here that aren't mine. (Technically none of them are mine as my dog Daisy died last year)  They all have to be lying next to me or lying next to my bed.  If I get ready to leave they all try to jump in the truck with me.  One of my neighbors had a dog that we would have to chase off the property because it was always trying to get in the house.  You've seen the pictures I've posted of the dogs, either here or on my twitter feed.  Right now Stella, my daughter's dog is hurt again.  She is the one who got hit by a car and had her hips broken.  She healed up from that and was just as active as before.  Now she has gotten hurt again.  And where does she run?  To me and my room.

Stella was in my room all day long and snarled at the other dogs who tried to get close to me.  Which really annoyed Layla my second oldest daughter's dog who has claimed me and my bed.  My youngest daughter's dog Ariel a TeaCup Chihuahua has also claimed me and right this minute is laying next to my hip as I type this.  Then there is Kilo who originally belonged to my friend JJ's daughter.  They couldn't have pets where they lived so Kilo came to live with me.  He has claimed my pillow, and when I sleep he curls up against my back.  My oldest daughter's other dog Kyah or Kiah when she is in here she claims the floor at the foot of my bed OR she claims the other side of my bed.  My Ex-Wife's 2 dogs, Skeeter and Gemma, Skeeter claims my other pillows or he dives under my covers, while Gemma claims the floor next to the bed by the bathroom door.  My Youngest daughter's newest dog is Hugo, a big black, we think, labrador mix.  And he was just fighting with my Ex's puppy she calls Clay but I call Brownie.  He answers to Brownie but ignores everyone who calls him clay.

The gist of this is I usually have anywhere from 3 to 8 dogs either in my bed or on the floor around my bed almost 24/7.  And I haven't even discussed the cats.

I'll just name them and tell you the only one of the cats that doesn't stay in my room is Nick.  He doesn't like the dogs, but when I'm out of my room he demands ALL of my attention.

The Cats are, Tufts and I've posted several pictures of her on the blog, she is a long haired Maine Coon Cat, Baron a male white short hair, Nick a black and white male cat also short hair, Samantha a gray short haired american standard, Ash a gray and white male short hair who is Nick's brother.

So upto 8 dogs and 4 cats are in my room most of the time.  It's a good thing I have a queen sized bed.

One of the benefits of all these animals, is they are my early warning system.  They will let me know when someone or something is around the house better than the motion detector alarms I have set up around the house.  Usually they will alert about 20 to 30 seconds before the alarms go off, letting me know someone is approaching the house.

And yes we go through a lot of food for these guys.  I buy on average 80-100 pounds of dog food a month and 20 to 30 pounds of cat food a month.

And don't ask me about my youngest daughters guinea pig or my ex-wife's cats that only come up here to eat.

Should I open a petting zoo?

Pic of Layla, Kilo and Ariel.


Layla is looking up at the camera, Ariel is curled up next to Layla and where I sit, Kilo decided to move off the pillow.  I decided to take the pic because his feet were poking me in my back.

No comments: