SECTIONA1.AASection 39.03, Penal Code, is amended by amending Subsection (a) and adding Subsection (c-1) to read as follows:
(a)A public servant acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if he:
(1) intentionally subjects another to mistreatment or to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment, or lien that he knows is unlawful;
(2) intentionally denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power, or immunity, knowing his conduct is unlawful; [or]
(3) intentionally subjects another to sexual harassment;
(4) as part of a determination of whether to grant another person access to a publicly accessible venue or form of transportation, intentionally and without probable cause: (A) touches the anus, breast, buttocks, or sexual organ of the other person, including touching through clothing; (B) removes a child younger than 18 years of age from the physical custody or control of a parent or guardian of the child or a person standing in the stead of a parent or guardian of the child; (C) otherwise engages in conduct constituting an offense under Section 22.01(a)(3); or (D) harasses, delays, coerces, threatens, intimidates, or effectively denies or conditions access to the other person because of the other person ’s refusal to consent to (A), (B), or (C).
(c-1) For purposes of Subsection (a)(4), “public servant” includes:
(1) an officer, employee, or agent of:
(A) the United States;
(B) a branch, department, or agency of the United States; or
(C) another person acting under a contract with a branch, department, or agency of the United States to provide a security or law enforcement service; or
(2) any other person acting under color of federal law
Call your Representative about this. Let them know how you feel.
Texas House of Representatives
H/t 3 Boxes of BS